Monday, May 31, 2010

LAST DAY!!!!

Cake!
Claire (I think) with her dog Basil! Awesome girl, awesome dog
Stevie, Jenny with Coco, Alfonso, and Jenny's husband and co-owner of the sanctuary, Doug
Sophie, Phil and Jenny with Coco!
The turkeys' birthday party



The kitchen/med station

The farm

So yesterday (Sunday) was Alfonso and Boon's fifth birthday! Also my last day working at the sanctuary. I might have cried in the car a little bit on the way home. but only a little. Anyway, reaching five years (and to still be in great health) is amazing for turkeys! especially considering that these birds were only meant to live for six months. I think they are my favorite animals at the farm. We tried to make them wear party hats and when they wouldn't go for that we had to settle for bow ties. They loved the attention. It was kind of the perfect last day. The concert and the bonfire the night before were a really nice close to my three weeks there as well, but still it was still really sad to leave.
I loved it, the whole thing. I hope I can do it justice in my presentation tomorrow (or Wednesday, who knows?). But I want to go back! and I want to take you guys with me! It's so beautiful and wonderful and I already miss it terribly. It's an amazing place and what they're doing there is so, so important. I'm so happy that I was able to be a part of it and help out for so long. Everyone really made me feel at home and all of the animals were just the best. I could have spent another three weeks there just hanging out with them. Thank you everyone for reading or even just looking at the pictures ;) I love you all!
WFAS represent!
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, you are just the BEST. I just stumbled on this. Thank you for being so amazing and giving the sanctuary and all the animals your help and care and attention and energy. Keep being such a wonderful, brilliant and kind light in the universe!

    Sincerely,
    Rebecca/staff, wfas

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful is this ! I love all of your photo's and reading your blog. You were a tremendous help to all of us at the farm. : )

    Best wishes for you always~:

    dawnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, You dont know me but you now know many of my friends and it has been lovely for me to read all about your adventures with ALL the wonderful creatures (including the humans!) at WFAS. Hope you presentation goes/went well and graduation and everything is fun. Thanks again for sharing, maybe we will meet sometime soon. Sheila (friend/long term volunteer currently in Scotland missing everyone) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness you guys!!! I miss the farm so much already. I'm definitely coming up to visit again soon! The presentation went really well and I'm all gradated from high school now which is really exciting too! Send all the animals my love!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete