Friday, May 14, 2010

FRIDAY














Today I went to fill up a chicken's water dish (first thing in the morning) and the water came out of the pump super fast and I got just absolutely soaked!
Then I picked dandelion greens and clover for Potter (pictured above) and the other bunnies and made friends with the goats. They're pretty cute.
Today was slower than yesterday and hot hot hot! So my allergies went crazy and I took some benadryl and had to take nap. I don't sleep very well in unfamiliar places so I didn't get much rest last night but everyone was super nice about it and was like "oh man, that happens to me all the time! Don't worry about it." and then we mucked out the sheep's stall and put some hoof guard on the pig's hooves and brought in the roosters and basically just spent a while walking around and giving attention to the animals. The turkeys are by far my favorite animals because they will follow you around everywhere and they really do make that "gobble, gobble" sound! I also learned that the thing on top of their beak is called a snood which I think is pretty funny and like something out of a dr. seuss book.
A new intern came today which is exciting, and I think it'll be fun working with her. She seems very nice and her name is super cool. Something like Nica or Miko... I can't remember.
Anyway, tomorrow is Saturday! which means that the sanctuary will be open to the public. I expect it will be quite packed. I've never been there during a weekend so it'll be pretty interesting. A hundred people milling about is sure to throw a wrench into our schedule...
Promise to tell you all about it!
kisses,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment